Natural charm by green mountains makes more travelers fond of Travel Sulawesi. Different cultures in this mountainous region has added unique treasures for tourist visits. Travel Sulawesi offers distinctive exciting experiences for travelers who seek new adventures. Climb the volcano is an attractive tourist activity. For you who have never come to a volcanic crater, this is a good a rare chance. And, North Sulawesi is host to the volcanoes on this island.
1 DAY TOUR | ALL EXPENSES COVERED | SUITABLE FOR FAMILY, FRIENDS, STUDENT GROUP, YOUTH GROUP, AND GROUP OF 10 PAX | LEVEL OF ACTIVITY IS MODERATE | CHILDREN FRIENDLY | NOT FOR HANDYCAP
Mt. Mahawu is a volcano in the east side of Tomohon as high as 1331 m from the sea level. Together with Mount Lokon, both flank the fertile valley of Kakaskasen. There are three craters, in which one of them is active crater and the latest. Distance from Manado is approximately 1 hour by car. And from Tomohon downtown is approximately 15 minutes also by car. Scenic farmland, fertile beds of soil and even working farmers welcome all visitors at the entrance. This volcano has become a house of many kinds of flora and faunas too. The volcano has very fertile soil. So, It has become best place for horticultural activities. And it is also place for agro-tourism. However, the best time to visit is during dry season. Because it is the time when the blue sky and green farmland combine into scenic landscape.
Mount Mahawu, The Sleeping Beauty
To see and visit:
- Horticultural Area
- Strawberry Farm
- View to Mt. Lokon, Manado Area, Bitung Area
- Trekking up from the entrance
- Landscape Photography
- Planting Tree
- Trekking down to Kakaskasen (Optional)
- Volcano Center in Kakaskasen
- Temboan Hill
- Linow Lake (Optional)
- Tumimperas Waterfall (Complemetary)
Note If you stay in Manado, the trip will start 1 (one) hour earlier, or need discussion.
- 08.00-09.00 Drive to Mt. Mahawu from Manado
- 09.00-13.30 Start trekking from the entrance of Mt. Mahawu. It is about 2 Km walking on a slope mountainside. You are going to be welcomed by very nice view of the nature starting from the entrance, such as the vegetable fields, here the beauty in the open space yet with green of he leaves and brown of the soil and then gradually up with amazing view of Tondano Lake. Next is the jungle vegetation with, then there are some rangers on the post welcoming the visitor before hiking to crater. Around 100 meters hike up, we can see the crater. Then, we walk to the windy point, where from there we can see other magnificent view down to the crater and also pitcher plants in its real habitat. Next we continue down Kakaskasen ending in the volcano center. In the volcano center we can see the activity of several volcano in North Sulawesi.
- 13.30-16.00 Then we drive to Linow Lake, it is famous with the changing color phenomenon. We will have a relaxing time in there and also lunch.
- 16.00 – Finish Return to the hotel or resort
If you are in North Sulawesi and want to do trekking to Mt. Mahawu, feel free to contact us.
Submit your review